Thursday, June 26, 2008

Electroflash News Flash

I am so excited! I got to see the Electroflash Mineralized Eyeshadow Duos. I went to MAC to return my Deep Truth - after learning it was coming out in two months along with Shadowy Lady which I need - and I exchanged it for Plumage after hearing so many raves over it. But, I digress... The MA brought out the Duos for me to look at. I was quite excited as I will be in LA when they release and she said I can call next week to preorder them. Whoo-hoo! I drove home with the swatches on my hand so that I could photo them and compare my stash.

Fresh Green Mix Mélange/Mono - Golden olive with blue, gold and aqua veining/Lime mono: I had not seen a swatch of Fresh Green Mix and it is AWESOME! The mono is this great fresh green and I have nothing like it. The melange side is very close to Night Light pigment.

Odd Couple Mélange/Mono - Warm gold with lavender and bronze veining / Purple mono: The purple is gorgeous. It's like a darker version of Violet pigment. The gold color is more like a copper




Sea & Sky Mélange/Mono - Silvery pale blue with deep blue and silver veining / Bright blue mono: The blue is very similar to Deep Truth, but brighter. The pale blue is like nothing I have. It's probably comparable to maybe Fade e/s or Mutiny pig, but neither are quite right.




Pink Split Mélange/Mono - Dirty rose with bronze and pale blue veining / Pink with gold pearl mono: As much as I hate to admit it, I love this duo. I have WAY too many pinks, but I honestly could not find exact dups in my collection. Some were close, but not quite it. I'd say that the lighter pink is near either Sweet Lust or Little Madame. The swatch is not great as it was near my wrist and my jacket rubbed it.

The others all looked pretty, but for me, probably not purchases. Before I could swatch, the baby had enough and we headed home, swatched hand and all!

Here are the others:
Hot Contrast Mélange/Mono - Dirty red with silver and black veining / Black mono
Love Connection Mélange/Mono - Pale beige with gold and blue veining / Warm gold mono
Two to Glow Mélange/Mono - Dirty bronze with pink and orange veining / Orange mono
Play on Plums Mélange/Mono - Peachy gold with pink and bronze veining / Bronzed burgundy mono
Polar Opposites Mélange/Mono - Dirty purple with silver, indigo and pink veining / True silver mono

No comments: