Friday, September 19, 2008

Darn alarm clock

So, hubby went for his daily walk before dawn and forgot to turn off his alarm. Now the baby and I are both up uber early. Ugh! What a way to start a Friday. Guess I'll post about our garden.
J was born a century or two late, I think. He loves gardening! Funny thing is that he won't eat most of what he grows. Says his mom terrorized him with hidden veggies as a child. Guess I won't be doing that to our kids. T is not much of a veggie eater - think he likes the attention of not eating them. E, on the other hand, loves all types, especially chomping on anything that I just picked, like the zucchini in the photo. We grew corn, beans, zucchini, squash, lettuce, peppers, eggplant, and tons of tomatoes.
I got about 8 quarts of corn for the freezer and so far have made about a gallon of marinara sauce. It's really good - I used a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when the alarm goes off before I am ready :-) Awesome job gardening...our pic would be like one tomato--LOL