Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Waterline trials

I am still on the hunt for my holy grail of liners that will last on my waterline. I know...you are thinking, good luck! Well, I went to Sephora last week and picked up a few things to try. I have seen reviews on both Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black and Make Up For Ever Aqua Creamliner in 1 (Matte Black), so I grabbed both. The sales associate (is that what they like to be called there?) also suggested the Make Up For Ever Kohl Pencil in Black.

I went home and immediately put the Smashbox on one side and the MUFE on the other. I used the great angled liner brush that Sephora makes. Within a few hours, the Smashbox liner was almost completely gone. The MUFE was still there, mostly near the roots of my lashes, but when I was looking at myself, I still appeared to have black on my waterline. Score 1 for MUFE.

The next day, I tried it again, taking more time to apply them and being certain that both had a dark coating (2 coats at least). That day, I even took a nap with the kids and woke up to one side still looking like I had my waterline done. By days end, I had about the same results.

I had decent results with the liner pencil too, but being the dork I am, it's gone missing (guessing the baby tucked it somewhere). I'll find it and compare it to the creamliner. While the MUFE was not perfect, it does a better job. I think I will try again with a nice coating of MAC Carbon eyeshadow over the top to set them. My eyes are very teary and moist, so this has been a quest of mine for some time. I'll keep you updated.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a product for me to try? Let me know!

No comments: